Hash browns don’t get enough credit. Simple grated potato cooked on a hot pan gives you a great start to the day. Throw in some bacon and you’ve got yourself a little taste of paradise before you’ve even started your day!
- 1 large potato
- 2 pieces of bacon
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon of melted butter
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Wash, peel and grate your potato. Best way to do this is with a box grater that gathers up everything as you grate. Saves on time and mess!
- Cut the bacon into small pieces, or you can use bacon lardons.
- Mix the bacon and potato in a large bowl with a table spoon of oil and some salt and pepper.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan. Once hot, add the potato bacon mix and flatten so it’s evenly spread throughout the pan. Cook on a medium heat for about 6 minutes. Check along the way to make sure it isn’t sticking or burning to the pan.
- Before flipping add the remaining oil and melted butter over the uncooked side of the hash brown. Then flip! If it stays together, brilliant, if it doesn’t, no big deal.
- Cook the other side for another 6 or so minutes. Once down hash brown should be crispy on the outside but not burnt.
So easy and fast to make, this is a great way to start your weekend and looks super impressive for something so simple.