Who doesn’t love a good breakfast? Most important meal of the day right? Exactly! Breakfast is something that during the working week tends to be oats or toast, but at the weekend, when there’s some free time, making a nice, healthy, good looking breakfast is a great way to start any day.
Figs are something I’ve only really started to eat lately, and if I’m being honest I wasn’t to sure what to do with them. For this recipe I decide to roast them in the oven for a few minutes, along with some walnuts. Throw in some blueberries and Greek yogurt and you’ve got yourself a beautiful breakfast bowl in minutes.
Ingredients for 2 bowls
- 4 Figs
- 200g Blueberries
- Handful of walnuts
- Tablespoon of chocolate chips
- 4 Tablespoons of Greek yogurt
- Squeeze of honey
- Wash the figs and pat dry with a paper towel. Slice into quarters and roast in the oven at 180 degrees for about 15 minutes. You can peel or leave the skin on before roasting.
- On a separate oven tray roast the walnuts for about 10 minutes.
- Once roasted add to the bowls with the yogurt, blueberries and chocolate chips. Drizzle with some honey.
See! Quick, easy and a beautiful way to start any day.