For a small island we really don’t eat enough seafood anymore. Recently we ate at The Seafood Cafe in Temple Bar which is doing some amazing things with fish and seafood. This year I’ve decided that I’m going to cook and eat more fresh fish.
Prawns are a great go to quick meal. You can pick them up almost anyway got relatively cheap. I like to get mine in Lotts & Co. Combine this with some chorizo and you’ve got a fantastic meal fit for dinner or a snack.
- 12 prawns, deveined
- 1 length of chorizo
- Half of cup of baby tomatoes, halved
- 4 tortillas
- For the chorizo you’ll need to peel the wrap off. Best way to do this is lightly score one side of the meat and peel the wrap off. Once done cut into small pieces.
- Heat pan until it’s almost smoking hot and add a teaspoon of oil. There’s enough fat in the chorizo that you won’t need a lot of oil. Cook the chorizo for 4-5 minutes like this.
- Then add the prawns. The bigger the better, although you don’t want them too massive! brown on each side then add the tomatoes and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Until the tomatoes start to spit.
- Heat your tortillas as instructed on the packet. Once warmed serve an top with the prawns and chorizo. This goes great with some Tomatillo salsa, spring onions or some hot sauce!