I’m a big fan of chicken strips or goujons. It’s so easy to just buy a frozen bag of these and eat away. But the satisfaction of making them yourself, topped with the pleasure of covering them in your homemade mango chilli sauce or sweet chilli sauce is immense.
I’ve two big tips for doing these right. One, make the sauces yourself, they taste amazing! And two, use Panko breadcrumbs, they make a massive difference. You can usually find them in the Asian Market if your local supermarket doesn’t stock them. Oh and three, use good, free range chicken!
- 4 chicken fillets, cut into strips.
- 1 200g bag of Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 jar of homemade Mango Chilli Sauce
- 1 jar of homemade Sweet Chilli Sauce
Set up your stations and bowls to make this easier and less messy.
- Chicken strips.
- Eggs, mixed in a bowl.
- Panko breadcrumbs, with some salt and pepper mixed in.
- Oven dish.
- Preheat oven to 180 degress
- Take a chicken strip and a swish around in the egg bowl.
- Let the access egg drip off then dip the chicken to the breadcrumbs and coat.
- Add to the oven dish. Repeat until all are done.
- Cook the chicken at 180 degrees for 18-20 minutes.
- Take the chicken out of the oven and cover in sauce. Try mix it around so all the chicken is cover. Put back in to oven for a further 5-10 minutes.
- Once done you can serve in the oven dishes or remove.