This can take some time to make but is worth it. 3 simple ingredients you’ll have lying around at the end of most weeks. Potatoes, flour, eggs. Simple. Whip these up with a nice tomato sauce or pan fry and serve up with a beautiful steak!
- 3 large potatoes
- 125g flour
- 1 egg
- Salt & pepper
- Boil the potatoes for about 45 minutes, until soft through. Allow to cool for a few minutes then peel.
- Mash the potatoes really well. If you have a ricer pass them through this. The fine the fluffier!
- Once mashed, add the egg and sieve in the flour. Mix well.
- Knead the mixture on a flat surface of flour to avoid it sticking.
- After a couple of minutes the mixture should feel like dough. Roll sections into long sausages, about 2cm high.
- Cut the potato every 2cms into small rectangles. Try keep each of them the same size.
- To pan fry, heat some olive in a pan and add the gnocchi. Brown lightly on each side, be really careful not to burn them!