After making sweet chilli sauce a few weeks ago I thought I’d try make some mango chill sauce. I wanted to make this sweet but also pack a nice punch. And oh boy does it! Eat it up with some crackers, nachos, poured over chicken, literally anything!
- 5 mangos, peeled and sliced
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 250g caster sugar
- 4 red chillies
- 2 extra hot chillies, komodo, birdeye, scotch bonnet
- 100ml white wine vinegar
- 100ml water
- Put all the ingredients into a pot and boil for about 5 minutes then bring to a simmer. Cook for a further 25 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and blitz with a hand blender for 30 seconds or until everything is smooth.
- Put back into heat until mixture has reached consistency you are happy with.