Another easy dumpling recipe, this time with prawns. These take about 30 minutes to make and 15 to cook but are so worth it. They’re a great starter or side with any Asian dish. This makes around 20
- Half a pack of dumpling pastry. I use Mong Lee Shang Brand.
- 200g of peeled prawns
- 2 tablespoons of chilli paste
- For the filling mix the prawns and chilli paste.
- Layout out dumpling pastry on a flat surface. I use a big wooden chopping board. Put about 2 or 3 prawns in the middle of each dumpling.
- Have a small bowl of water to hand. Dip your two index fingers in the bowl and run them around the edge of the dumpling. Pick up the dumpling and fold in half, pinching the sides together. It should look a bit like a half moon when done.
- To cook you have plenty of options, all take around 10-15 minutes. You can bake, cook in boiling water or steam. You can pan or deep fry them too but the water will make the oil spit a lot.
Serve up with some soy sauce. For fun make these with some Simple Dumplings for a great starter or snack.