As the nights shorten and the temperature drops it’s time to get back making those comfort foods that will keep you warm during the long winter. Chicken Noodle Soup is an easy healthy meal that will have you curled up on the sofa with a big bowl in no time. Using elements like garlic and ginger will also help keep the colds away. And don’t forget, Winter is coming!
- 3 chicken breasts
- 4 garlic cloves, whole
- 4cm cubed of fresh ginger
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 1 litre of chicken, or vegetable, stock
- 1 bay leaf
- Handful of beansprouts
- 2 nests of noodles, flat noodles work best
- Coriander or thai basil leaves to flavour
- Lime slices
- Sriracha sauce to add spice
- Poach the chicken breasts in a pot of boiling water with 2 of the garlic cloves. When cooked shred the chicken with 2 forks and set aside.
- Meanwhile cook the remaining garlic, ginger and onion in a pot with the chicken stock and bay leaf. Bring to the boil and cook for 20 mins then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- After 30-40 minutes add the chicken and noodles to the pot.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, or until noodles are done.
- Serve up in bowls. Add the additional ingredients for extra flavours.