This is a bit of a long one but everyone loves avocados! These are great for a vegetarian taco filling, or to pile onto a meat filled taco as well. They’re pretty quick to make too so you can avocado in no time!
- 2 large avocados
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoon plain, unsweetened almond milk
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt + pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6-8 corn or flour tortillas
- 3/4 cup cooked Pinto or Black Beans
- 2 radishes, very thinly sliced and quick pickled with 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- Lime juice
- Fresh corriander, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Prepare dipping stations by whisking together almond milk and oil in a shallow bowl, and mixing panko bread crumbs and spices in another.
- Halve avocados and carefully use a large knife to cut into the pits, twist and remove. Lay avocado halves skin side down and cut into 3 equal parts. Each avocado should give you 6 pieces. Repeat until you have 12 pieces. Gently peel away skin.
- Dip avocados first into almond-olive oil mixture, then transfer to the panko-spice mixture and use a spoon to gently coat. Carefully transfer to baking sheet and repeat until all avocados are coated.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned on the exterior.
- While avocados are baking, prep toppings. Warm beans, slice lime, chop coriander.
- PICKLED RADISHES: Add 1/4 cup red wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon sugar, pinch sea salt and a dash of water to a mixing bowl and stir to combine. Add thinly sliced radishes and set in the fridge to chill. They only need 5-10 minutes to infuse, but the longer they set the crispier, more tangy they’ll get.
- When avocados are done baking, remove from oven and immediately assemble tacos.
- Top with pickled radish slices, hot sauce, coriander and fresh lime juice.