Recently I picked up some spices from Flying Tiger, included in them was a Tzatziki spice mix. Middle Eastern or Greek food isn’t something I’m overly familiar with, however anytime I have eaten it in the past I’ve usually enjoyed it. Tzatziki is normally served as a yogurt, or on grilled meat, but for this I decided to pan fry some chicken. It turned out to be lovely succulent chicken!
- 2 chicken breasts, diced into chunks
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2-3 tablespoons of Tiger Tzatziki mix
- Sesame seeds
- Dice the chicken into chunks and pop into a small ziplock bag.
- Pour in the olive oil and lemon juice. Leave half a tablespoon of olive oil for the pan later.
- Add the Tzatziki mix to the bag and seal. Give the bag a good shake and move around to make sure all the chicken is coated. Leave to marinade for between 2 and 4 hours.
- Heat a pan and add the remaining oil. When oil has heated add the chicken. Cook until chicken is golden and cooked through. Add some sesame seeds and stir through.
Serve with some hummus or some yogurt on warm flat bread.
I decide to cook up a heap of Greek and Middle Eastern food recently and ended up with an absolute feast! Any of these dishes served up on some warm flat bread is delicious.