This often happens, you buy some beetroot and think to yourself “What the fork I going to cook with it?” Simple, make some balls! These can take some elbow work with the grating but are easy enough. Just watch out for the beetroot juice!
- 4 raw beetroots
- 2 carrots
- 4 spring onions
- 1 egg
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- teaspoon of cumin
- teaspoon of turmeric
- teaspoon of paprika
- salt & pepper to season
- Preheat oven to 180.
- Coarsely grate the beetroot and carrot and put into large bowl. Finely dice spring onion and add to bowl.
- Put chickpeas, egg, olive oil, cumin, turmeric, paprika and salt into blender and blend until smooth.
- Add chickpeas mix into bowl and mix well.
- Squeeze mixture in small balls, about golf ball sized and place on a baking tray. You should get between 15 and 20 balls. Cook in the oven for 15 minutes.
Serve with hummus, or in a salad, or in a wrap, or with some fish, or with whatever you want! They go with everything! So Fork ‘N Tasty!!