This combination of ingredients, that you’ll probably have lying around the cupboard, makes a great meal. There’s nothing to fancy about this one but it’s really Fork ‘N Tasty!
- 2 nests of egg noodles
- 1 teaspoon of lemongrass powder
- 3cm piece of ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of peanut or olive oil
- 4 turkey breasts, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 red chilli, chopped thinly
- 4 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 165ml can coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Prepare noodles from packet directions.
- Combine lemongrass, ginger and 2 teaspoons oil in a bowl. Add turkey. Rub to coat.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook turkey for 3 to 4 minutes each side or until cooked through and reduce heat.
- Meanwhile heat remaining oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic and chilli. Cook for about 5 minutes, until onion has softened. Add peanut butter and coconut milk. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in sesame oil.
- Pour homemade satay onto turkey and mix well.
- Serve with spring onion, carrot sticks, sliced cucumber and red cabbage.