- 2 large tablespoons of coconut oil
- 500g of brown rice
- Zest of 2 limes
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 500g of vegetable stock
- Juice of 2 limes
- Pinch of salt
- In a large pot heat the coconut over a medium heat. Add the rice and stir it for about 3 minutes. Be careful not to let the rice burn!
- Stir in the lime zest.
- Add the garlic, stock and salt. If you add the stock when it is still also boiling it should cook the rice a little faster. Bring to a simmer and reduce heat. Pop the lid on and allow to simmer for about 30 minutes until all the broth has soaked into the rice.
- When the rice is done, remove from the heat, add in the lime juice and stir.
- Serve with some chopped coriander.
This is another Thug Kitchen inspired dish. It works great with some tasty Caribbean Chicken and is perfect for extra filling in your Sweet Potato Tacos or in some burritos.