When you make something this tasty you’ll shock yourself! This is by far the tastiest thing I’ve made in awhile. Packed full of flavour and healthy produce, these tacos will fill you right up without that horrible bloated feeling.
(MAKES ENOUGH FOR 2 PEOPLE, or 8 tacos)
- 1 cup of cooked Quinoa
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 bunch of spring onions, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 green chilli, or jalapeno – Use more if you like it spicy!
- Half a length of chorizo, diced
- 1 can of kidney beans
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 1 tablespoon chilli powder
- Half a teaspoon of cumin
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- Heat some oil in a pan and add the pepper, onion, garlic and chilli. Let that cook for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the quinoa. Keep this moving in the pan so it doesn’t stick.
- Add the chorizo, paprika, cumin and chilli powder and mix well.
- Add the kidneys and cook for a further 4 minutes, stirring well.
- Add the soy sauce to keep the mixture from sticking.
- Squeeze over the lime juice and remove from the heat. Stir well.
Serve on tacos with guacamole, hummus, tomatoes, lettuce or coriander. What ever takes your fancy!