Sweet Potatoes? Check. Paprika? Check? Tacos? Check. Delicious? Check! Taken from one of my favourite cooking inspirations, Thug Kitchen, these tasty tacos are simple, quick and super tasty.
(MAKES ABOUT 12 TACOS)
- Half an onion, or 4 or 5 spring onions
- 1 cup of pineapple plus about a quarter cup of juice
- Juice from 2 limes
- 2 teaspoons of chilli powder
- 4 teaspoons of smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 cups of shredded sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- Corn tortillas
- Mix the onion, pineapple, lime juice, chilli powder, paprika, cumin and oregano in a blender until smooth.
- Grate the sweet potato and set aside.
- In a large pan, heat the oil then add the sweet potato and cook for 5 to 6 minutes, or until sweet potato becomes soft.
- Pour in the sauce and mix well for a further 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Prepare the tacos. I get mine in Picado and all you need to do is heat them on a pan for a few seconds. Serve with some pineapple, hummus, coriander or onions.
Thug Kitchen is one of my biggest inspirations for cooking over the last few years. Their stuff is amazing, tasty and generally easy to make. Also it’s vegetarian, and while I’m not one, the recipes in it have cut down my meat consumption a bit. Veggies are tasty! And tastier with Thug Kitchen.