Falafel is great! This easy to make recipe will have you using up those tins of chickpeas from the cupboard in no time! I decided to give this a go as I’m a big fan of Falafel and this was really easy to make after a day in the office. It takes a little longer than most mid-week recipes I do but I’ve been listening to the new S-Town Podcast which has me hooked so spending that bit longer wasn’t an issue!
(MAKES ABOUT 18 PIECES OF FALAFEL)
- 2 tins of chickpeas, drained and cooked
- 1 handful of coriander, finely diced
- 1 tomato, finely diced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of cumin (you can use less, I just really like cumin)
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Pinch of salt
- Half a cup of breadcrumbs
- Preheat your oven to about 180c.
- In a bowl mash up all of the ingredients until there are no lumps.
- Roll the mixture into golf ball sized pieces. Wet your hands to prevent the mixture from sticking to you.
- Place on an oven tray and spray with olive oil spray. Bake for about 25-30 mins, turning half way.
- Serve with a wrap, pita bread or on a salad.
These are really good and awesome for lunch or dinner. I’ll definitely be making these more. Give them a try and let me know it goes.