Spanish inspired slow cooked chicken and chorizo. Another slow cooker tasty meal.
(MAKES ENOUGH FOR 4-6 PEOPLE)
- 200g chorizo, cut into chunks
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 12 chicken thighs
- 12-15 baby tomatoes
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes, rinse out the tin with 200ml water and add this also
- 1 dessert spoon tomato puree
- 1 tsp sugar
- Sprig of rosemary, chopped
- Trim off the excess skin on the thighs.
- Fry the thighs on a hot pan before adding to slow cooker.
- Fry the chorizo in a pan and once cooked add to the slow cooker.
- Place the chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker and cover with the chorizo. Quickly fry the onion, and garlic in a pan, then add to the slow cooker.
- Throw in a tin of chopped tomatoes, water, tomato puree, sugar, baby tomatoes and rosemary. Season with some ground black pepper.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and leave to cook for about 7 hours.
When it’s done the chicken should be almost falling off the bone. Best way to serve this is in a shallow bowl, so you get some of that tasty tomato sauce, with a big chunk of fresh bread. So good!